Do you do porn work on weekends and/or holidays? Or do you maintain a more traditional schedule?
I personally love working weekends and holidays.
Instead of taking our days off when “normal” people are at work, in school, etc., we build our free time around opportunities for privacy, quiet, freedom from crowds, etc. not so much around socializing with normal people . . . whoever they are. 😉
Working in internet porn means we have a ton of flexibility to make our own schedules. I love the feeling of getting work done on days when other people aren’t accomplishing anything except nursing hangovers, etc. There’s something almost defiant and naughty about working at midnight, weekends and holidays, and then being able to take a leisurely walk, say, on a Tuesday morning when other people are sitting in cubicles and having to kiss people’s asses after enduring early commutes and see a movie when other people haven’t even gotten home from their jobs.
But what about you? I’m curious in part because I often build promos and send emails to you folks (affiliates) on “off” days and wonder if you’re more likely to read and follow-up on them on weekends or if they wind up buried at the bottom when you check your email on a regular work day.
Working late nights, weekends, and holidays embodies a lot of the excitement of being a self-employed internet entrepreneur – I get that feeling of having access to money and gambling to “win” it that regular jobs don’t provide. Every minute feels like an opportunity, and using the minutes other people don’t use to try to make money makes me feel like I have an advantage. Maybe it’s purely psychological, but it’s powerful and exciting to me. I’m making money when other people are SLEEPING!
Nothing is guaranteed — we don’t have the security, predictability or stability of a regular job — instead we have the feeling that there is NO LIMIT.
Most people assume being a webwhore is thrilling because of the sex, but for me the thrill is the GAMBLE of running my own business. It’s like being in an international casino that’s open 24/7 where the rules and games are infinite and constantly changing. And I get to wear my pajamas and be my own dealer.
Most people also assume being a webwhore is unhealthy because of the sex, but for me the biggest real(?) danger is in my addiction to playing this game. I cannot quit, and the thrill is just as much (if not more) on the webmaster side as it is on the camgirl/content/”whore” side.
Looking at weekends, evenings and holidays from the point of view of a gambler, I guess I actually AM doing what a lot of people do (or want to do) when they’re off work. Going to Vegas, trying to get lucky. Playing the lottery and fantasizing about winning. But the way we do it is way way smarter. Isn’t it? Or am I just as crazy as any other compulsive gambler?
–Note: writing this more from the perspective of a WEBMASTER rather than a sponsor —
Last week I decided to try to earn some NastyDollars bonus money on their $75 pay-per-sale RK promo.
Here’s the post I made on my blog: A Few Reality Kings Faves
So everything seemed cool until I looked at my post on the phone and clicked through to the galleries . . . AND THEY FUCKING REDIRECT TO THEIR MOBILE TOURS INSTEAD OF THE GALLERIES!
What. The FUCK.
Anyone else find this totally annoying and unacceptable? When I send my traffic to a gallery, I want it to go to THE GALLERY! Really undermines my readers’ trust, and my trust in ND. A gallery isn’t hard to surf on a phone, so let people go to the gallery and when/if they click through to the site, THEN go ahead and redirect it to mobile!
I really like NastyDollars and don’t understand why they’d do this.
I don’t have time to search the boards to find out if there’s discussion on this. Feel free to comment with links if you do.
What new promo tools would you like us to create for you next?
Now that we’re using ccbtools it will be easier for us to create and deliver some of the promotional tools you want that are standards offered by bigger sponsors. Of course, there are other improvements we want to make to boost sales, too: new tours for our established sites, creative custom tools that would work well for personality sites like ours but aren’t widely used by mainstream adult, etc.
I’ve got a general list of top priorities, but your opinions and suggestions as webmasters (and some of you are sponsors as well) is important to us, not just because you promote us but also because some of you know things that I don’t know.
SO! What ad tools and improvements do you want added next? What are you most likely to use? To promote which site(s)?
Pick your top three (or just one . . . or top five . . . or something not listed here . . . or prioritize everything . . . I don’t care, just talk to us!):
POSSIBLE NEW PROMO TOOLS AND IMPROVEMENTS:
- more frequent FHGs & zips
- members-only plugin for affiliates w/paysites / dynamic content for pre-qualified traffic
- Gallery builder (you pick the template & links, build with content of your choice)
- hosted video galleries (if so, what format?)
- downloadable video content (if so, what format?)
- embeddable flash videos
- RSS feeds
- Video RSS
- potd (picture-of-the-day)
- votd (vid of the day)
- free sites
- page peels
- embeddable flash image rotator
- fresh banners
- .mp3 / podcast / audio promos
- weekly (daily? monthly?) inspiration reminding me to promote WWB sites & get rich!
- weekly (daily? monthly?) reminders of how to login to WWB and what my affiliate id is
- FPAs (full-page ads)
- HPAs (half-page ads)
- iframe ads (describe size, type of content, or anything else)
- WP widgets (describe what you have in mind)
- WP themes / other templates for building my site(s)
- access to our members-only area so you can build your own promos
- reciprocal links
- better cooperation with review sites
- ready-made reviews
- free hosting for your blog/ads/site
- an affiliate manager / more responsive WWB rep
- opportunity to interview us
- promo content in specific niche(s):
- new sites and/or new “models”
- join pages with higher price points
- join pages with ONLY recurring option (no single-bill/auto-expire)
- webwhorebucks blog
- new and/or niche-specific tours (on _____.com)
- links to more sponsors like us / info about what works for us
- tutorials and/or advice for new and/or still-growing webmasters
- anything you can fap to
- non-nude promos
- a way for you to introduce yourself to us
- better system for arranging content trades
- opportunities to collaborate on new projects
- opportunities to shoot together
- free drugs
- for Trixie to act more “professional”
- clearer terms and conditions
- terms and conditions that allow you to do whatever the fuck you want
- for us to be more famous
- for us to stop aging or preferably reverse the aging process (or get younger models)
- older / more cougar-y content
- proof & stats to prove we’ll convert your traffic before you send us any traffic or prove that you have any
- more horrifying blog entries and/or drama-creating posts on GFY
- free blowjobs
- a girl you can trust
- build your website for you
- proof that I’m not an alien
- take a look at the way you’re promoting us and tell you it’s awesome or how you can improve it
- more donkeys!
Yes, I’m joking about some of that. But some “webmasters” really do expect some of that stuff so it’s kind of funny.
Please don’t be disappointed or think we’re not listening if we don’t get to popular suggestions right away. We’ll be taking lots of things into consideration when deciding what to do next, like what will be easiest/fastest, what will make our program more competitive right now, what our hottest content is best suited for, and what our workload is like with everything else we do (camming, shooting and being in content, blogging . . . you know, being webwhores).
Your comments are appreciated!